Ashby Super Seal is a water-based epoxy primer that can be used indoors as the first coat primer over concrete countertops in place of CounterSeal 1 and 2. CounterSeal 3 can be applied directly over it as the final topcoat. Super Seal will amber in the sun so is recommended for indoor jobs, or covered outdoor jobs not exposed to direct sunlight. It goes on slightly thicker than CounterSeal 1 and 2 to help fill in veins smoother. It is also less expensive to ship (no hazmat fee) and will pop the color of the concrete the same as CounterSeal 1 when going over green, red, tan, and brown colors. For black and gray colors our U.V. Urethane or CounterSeal 1, 2, and 3 system is the best to use to bring out the most color. For outdoor applications, integral sinks, and shower walls, we recommend our UV Urethane as the best primer and topcoat.
Ashby Super Seal Advantages
· It is non-hazardous making it cheaper to ship and safer to use.
· It only requires one coat instead of three or four like CounterSeal 1 before grouting.
· It achieves a smoother finish over the grout areas and veins.
· It does a better job of filling in pinholes. Use in combination with Pin Hole Grout Mix.
· It is easy to apply using only a paintbrush and a 3/8” nap paint roller. Do not spray.
· It eliminates the need for CounterSeal 1 and 2. Apply CounterSeal 3 directly over it.
· It saves time and labor cost. Less coats required.
· It provides a more watertight seal as a primer for integral sinks and shower walls.
Mixing Ratio = 4 parts A to 1 Part B. Coverage rate = 400 sq. ft. per gallon. Dry time and re-coat time = 4 hours.